Oven-Fried Zucchini Sticks
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Thread mozzarella, basil and tomatoes on small skewers. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spinach-&-Brie-Topped Artichoke Hearts
1 9-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup cooked chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 thin slices brie
- Preheat broiler. Prepare artichoke hearts according to package directions.
- Combine spinach, lemon pepper and salt in a small bowl. Top each artichoke heart with the spinach mixture and brie. Broil until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.