- 4 carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 long strips lemon zest
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, plus 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup small pasta, such as pastina
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach, stemmed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Lemon wedges and crusty bread, for serving (optional)
- Combine the carrots, lemon zest, dill sprigs, olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. Season the chicken with salt and add to the cooker. Add the broth and 4 cups water, cover and cook on low, about 8 hours
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the pasta to the slow cooker, cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir the chopped dill, peas and spinach into the soup and cover until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Stir to break up the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and crumble the feta on top. Serve with lemon and bread, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 609; Fat 15 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 109 mg; Sodium 967 mg; Carbohydrate 60 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 61 g
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Veggie Smart® Chunky & Savory Italian Sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Stir the sauce and vinegar in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the basil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice the chicken. Serve the chicken and sauce over the penne. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed buttery round cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 448 | Total Fat: 31.2g | Cholesterol: 235mg