- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place the olive oil in an 8x8 glass baking dish. Place the chicken breasts in the dish, coating each side with oil. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over all. Slice the rest of the lemon and place a lemon slice on top of each chicken piece. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until brown.
- In a large skillet, melt the 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Add the sliced mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms are brown and have exuded their juices, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour and blend. Add the chicken broth, stirring to make a medium thick sauce. Allow to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce. Add fresh parsley at the last minute. Spoon the sauce over the lemon baked chicken breasts. Delicious!