- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- wooden or metal skewers
- Mix together the garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cilantro, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir in the shrimp, and mix well to thoroughly coat. Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and discard excess marinade. Thread about 5 shrimp per skewer, and grill on the preheated grill until the shrimp turn pink and opaque in the center, about 2 minutes per side.